Earth Day in Berkeley
Indy and I are enjoying some blissful quiet after a couple of days dogsitting Heather, a tenacious-terrier-terror from the Milo Foundation who arrived with us on Thursday and who, by Friday morning had Indy cowering behind my legs. She's not a mean or agressive girl, she just never fell for Indy's bluffs and he really didn't know what to do with a dog who actually kept up a fight after his first "go away" bark.
In other news, "Earth Day" here in Berkeley seems like a nice sentiment gone slightly awry, as there's just as much traffic as always and downtown is congested with people going to the "Berkeley Earth Day Festival." As I drove by after dropping off Heather, I noticed that, in addition to the regular farmers' market, there were several booths and tents set up offering goods for sale. Yep, let's all go buy more stuff to save the environment. It's hard not to be cynical.
And speaking of recycling, I made my own yogurt last week. It's oddly easy - you just need some old yogurt, some milk, a box, and a hot water bottle. I may never buy yogurt again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home